How to Remove AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011
How To Remove AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011
AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 is fake antivirus program that displays fake alert messages stating that your laptop or computer is infected with viruses, spyware and a variety of other types of malware infections. It makes use of fake scan results, hijacks your internet browser and other misleading methods in order to scare you into buying the program. It may report up to 300 infections on your laptop or computer throughout virus scan. Such type of misleading software offers the user with no protection whatsoever. In other words, it pretends to be a reputable antivirus program but instead of truly protecting your computer from malicious software programs and Web threats, AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 provides a false sense of security. This application is a complete scam. If you’ve got a laptop or computer corrupted by this rogue anti-virus application, you can us the following information as a guide to remove it.
AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 is from the same family of rogue software as AntiVirus Program 2011.
AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 blocks virtually every reputable anti-malware tool you try to run, making it very hard to clean without knowing where some of the processes are running from as well the advanced techniques to stop and remove them. It periodically displays fake alerts stating that your PC is infected with spyware, adware and worms that may steal your sensitive information and delete critical files. This program “is” the infection and “if” any of the information it says were true, it is because they put it there! What’s more, is that AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 also pops-up a phony (but real-enough looking) Windows Security Alert Center and saying words to the effect that online hackers are trying to steal your personal computer license key. It is all fake, so don’t get side-tracked by actually using this program in the hopes that it will find all the bad stuff and correct it for you. You need to get rid of AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 ASAP.
But, for curious people who just can’t resist, if you click their “Activate” link, you’ll be sent straight to their payment processing site where you’ll be able to purchase the software program, or maybe even some totally unrelated malicious site. But now your software problems will most likely get worse. And if that were bad enough, don’t forget that now a deceptive company has your credit card info. I recommend you watch your statements and call your credit card company to get a refund. Anyway, here is a list of some known AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 related web sites:
AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 removal instructions (Safe Mode with Networking)
- Restart your personal computer is “Safe Mode with Networking”. As the PC is booting, tap the “F8 key” about once every second until the Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears as shown below. (You really only need to press it once, if pressed at the right time). Then, using your arrow keys, select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press the Enter key.
NOTE: Login as the same user you were previously logged in with inside the normal Windows mode.
- Download some free reputable anti-malware programs from the list below and run full system scans with each.
NOTE: Some rogue programs might hinder the installation, launching, and/or updating of most known reputable anti-malware software programs. Before saving the selected program onto your PC, you might have to rename the installer to some other randon name or at least a name that is not associated with any known reputable security software. For best results, run these tools with Administrator privileges and be sure to update them if possible before running any scans with them.
- Additional steps for removing AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 items using HijackThis or Process Explorer (in Normal mode):
- Download HijackThis tool from TrendMicro.
- Launch HijackThis and click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Search for the following entries in the scan results:
- O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [Security Manager] C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\securitymanager.exe
- O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [AntiVirus Program 2011] “C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\AntiVirus_System_2011.exe” /STARTUP
- O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [2hdpwq51skqnz] C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Desktop\AntiVirus_AntiSpyware_2011\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\securityhelper.exe
- Select all similar entries and click once on the “Fix checked” button. Close HijackThis tool.
- OR you can download Process Explorer and manually end the following AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 processes:
Below are some files, folders and registry keys associated with AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 that may need to be manually removed:
C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\
C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\AntiVirus_AntiSpyware_2011.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\securitymanager.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\securityhelper.exe
Windows Vista/Windows 7:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\AntiVirus_AntiSpyware_2011.exe
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\securitymanager.exe
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011\securityhelper.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Security Manager”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011”
To “significantly” reduce the chances of ever getting this type of infection again, you should never completely depend on the “free basic protection” security products out there. They are better than nothing, and may even be from very reputable companies, but are only reduced capability samples of their paid counterparts that they are hoping you will buy.
As for the very best, I use myself and highly recommend:
SUPERAntiSpyware Professional (with Lifetime Updates)
Even with the programs above, there is NO 100% complete protection known to man yet, but street smarts will sure help to fill the gap, so keep learning and applying safe internet surfing habits everyday, and share what you know with your family, friends and co-workers.
If you feel this information has helped you, please consider making a modest donation to help keep this website going.